There is nothing so delicious as spaghetti Persian style! Complete with taadig ( a crusty bottom) if you want it! This is one of the few times I’m happy to let my other half loose in the kitchen simply because he makes it so much better than I can! We use Gluten free pasta but you can use wheat pasta. Serves 4
- 400 gr’s ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Tomato puree
- 1 tin of tomato’s
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- A pinch of dried mint
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the chopped onion in some olive oil until it begins to turn transparent
- Add the turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
- Add the mince and the curry powder and cook until brown.
- In a separate pan heat some olive oil, add the garlic, a little turmeric and a good pinch of dried mint.
- Add the tomato puree and fry
- Add the tin of tomato’s, salt, pepper to taste and 1/2 glass of water and cook for 15 minutes over a low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Combine the meat and sauce in one pan
- Allow to simmer for 30 mins on a low heat.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta.
- Combine the meat sauce and pasta and return to the heat for about 15 mins.
- If you want to make a taadig simply allow it to cook in the pan for about 15-20 mins on a low heat. When ready to eat, cover the pan with your serving dish and quickly turn upside down. If it doesn’t all come out at one, rest the pan in some cold water for a few minutes and try again.
Serve with a salad or sabzi and we like ours with mast or natural yoghurt .