Ice Cream is easier to make than you think. If you have an Ice Cream maker it’s even easier but not necessary. This is a basic Ice Cream recipe I adapted a little to give it a slightly Persian taste.
- 400 mls of milk
- 400 mls of double cream
- 100 g’s of caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs yolks
- 2 teaspoons of rose-water
- chopped pistachio nuts
- If you are using an ice cream maker make sure your bowl is frozen
- You will need a storage container
- whisk the cream until thick
- Pour the milk into a pan and slowly heat to boiling point.
- pour the egg yolks into a bowl and add the sugar and rose-water
- Mix in well with a hand whisk
- Add the egg yolk and sugar to the milk continuing to whisk
- Return to a low heat and stir constantly until the mixture forms a glaze over the back of a wooden spoon but do not let it boil or the ingredients will separate.
- Remove from the heat and place to one side until cold
- When cold fold the cream into the milk mix and stir in
- Either pour this into your freeze bowl and follow the instructions for freeze churning
- OR pour into a storage container.
- When the Ice Cream is beginning to set add the pistachio nuts and return to the freezer or continue the freeze process.