I was feeling nostalgic and thought I’d make a Quiche. I can’t remember the last time I ate one! Probably some where back in the 70’s! Quiche became very old fashioned Im not sure why as it’s quick and easy to make and you can use up all the bits and pieces you have in the fridge and I think it makes a delicious lunch time meal. So here’s a simple recipe for bacon, cheese and tomato Quiche. You can of course substitute these ingredients for any of your favorite ones, these just happen to be mine. This is made with a gluten-free pastry mix which I bought as making your own is such a rigmarole.
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz grated cheese
- 3 rashers of bacon cooked and cut into pieces
- a few slices of tomato
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Make your pastry. With gluten-free pastry it’s always a good idea to wrap it in cling film and let it rest in th e fridge for 30 mins before you roll it out.
- Beat up the eggs and add salt and pepper
- Place the pastry in a pie dish and trim the edges
- Add the egg mixture
- Add the bacon, cheese and finally add the tomato to decorate
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place in a pre heated oven at 190 c for about 30 mins.
Eat it hot or cold and serve with a green salad.