I thought today we’d have a change from Persian food so I’m busy preparing to make a roast chicken followed by dinner gluten-free apple, raisin and pecan nut pie to be served with Chocolate and vanilla Ice cream. It’s a little bit of a challenge as gluten-free pastry is difficult to make and I’m going to cheat and use a packet mix ! I’m no expert when it comes to baking anyway. But as they say the proof is in the pudding. Actually truth be known I rarely cook anything but Persian food so it will all be a challenge! It’s a little anxiety provoking especially as I’m committed to blog about it even if it is a disaster! The trials and tribulations of making a meal that is out side of my comfort zone !
- Gluten free pastry ( I used mrs Crumbles)
- 3 medium cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- a few tablespoons of water
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon ( optional)
- Peel and core the apples
- Slice into thin wedges
- Place in a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of water. You don’t want too much water at this point but you can add more as you need to. Don’t let the apples become too dry either as they will burn.
- Cook over a medium heat until they begin to become a little soft.Keep stirring them to stop them from burning.
- When softish, add the sugar and stir in.
- Remove from the heat, add the raisins ( and cinnamon) and put to one side.
- Cook at 190 degrees c for about 25 mins
- Once cooled I added some pecan nuts just for fun!
Im going to serve this with home made vanilla and chocolate Ice cream….. all gluten free and very calorific!
Nooshi joonet. Enjoy 🙂