I get lots of questions from visitors to this blog about herbs used in Persian recipes so I’m re-posting this and I hope its helpful to new visitors.
In this post you will find a list of all the sabzi or Persian herbs (in farsi and english) you will need for each dish. You will find the recipes for these dishes in the ‘recipe’ section.
The sabzi should all be stemmed and roughly chopped. Use fresh herbs when possible but it’s fine to use a mixture of both fresh and dried sabzi. Always use the same measure of each unless otherwise stated. Herbs can bought fresh when in season, be prepared and then frozen for use later.
For more information about the different herbs used in Persian cooking follow this link
- 1 bunch of spinach or esfenaj
- 1 bunch of coriander or gheshniz
- 1 bunch of dill or shivid
- 1 bunch of parsley or jafari
- 1 bunch of fennugreek or shanbalileh
- 1 bunch of leek chives or tareh
- 1 bunch…
View original post 106 more words